Saturday, March 31, 2018

Q1 of 2018

(Top L-R) 

First saturday of January was spent at USJ-R (University of San Jose-Recoletos) to impart knowledge about my work. I and a friend gave an overview of Purchasing in EPC setting to Engineering graduating students. It was a first for me and I had a great time.


First book of the year was 'Origin' by Dan Brown. It took me less than a month to read considering I get the chance to read only at weekends due to work. As always, the protagonist is Robert Langdon solving cases conflicting science and religion. In my opinion, it ranks next to 'Angels and Demons' in terms of great plot and setting. Aside from religion, there's a lot of things to learn in that book in terms of Art and History.


Ashley came to Cebu for a short vacation. It was probably the longest I have spent time with siblings since Amber's birth.



(Middle L-R)

A book involving Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander became my second book of the year. Actually, as of this writing, I am still halfway to its last page.


Bacolod. The first family trip of the year.


Back with colour-pencil drawing. It was supposed to be a sketch of Scarlett Johansson but knowing my tendency to deviate, that became the outcome. I love the details but the way I cut it into a bust was a little off. I could have just faded the colors or made a vignette around the neck area.



(Bottom L-R)

Robert Downey Jr. version 2.0. Finally, a sketch that looks a little like him. My first work of him as subject was not good.


Amber's Kinder 2 graduation ceremony. They were required to wear clothes in relation to their career of choice. Amber wanted to be an Engineer, just like his dad. It was not a surprise that she was the only girl Engineer in her batch.


Her official Graduation photo. She is looking prettier and getting smarter every day.


No comments: